Monday, October 12, 2009

Where did you go?

In case you noticed, or even if you didn't, I was gone from Saturday at 9:30 am until 12:30 am on Sunday night/Monday morning. Where the heck was I? Well, friends, I was immersed in creativity. On Saturday, it was an all day class at my friend, Daniela's. The morning was soldering jewelry taught by the vivacious and very talented Julee Herrmann, whose work you can find on her blog, HeArt Collective. Between alcohol inks, Marshmallow Glimmer Mist, and soldering, nothing is going to be safe in my house. Then the afternoon was dedicated to a class very near and dear to my heart, the 7Gypsies Artist Tray with a Halloween theme, taught by Daniela. She has some pictures of the hauntingly fabulous tray she taught on her blog, The Art Life. This was so much fun and a chance to venture into the slightly macabre side, (as well as play with some alcohol inks!). Daniela and I have been lusting after this tray since July when 7Gypsies previewed it at CHA and I knew that once my incredibly talented friend got her hands on it, the tray would be transformed. I promise I will post my own version of the Halloween Artist Tray and my humble attempts at soldering tomorrow. 


After 7 hours in these classes, Daniela and I zipped off to the airport, where we caught the last flight to LA. We spent a very LONG night in a Doubletree hotel in Commerce, CA thanks to some party people who thought the hallway outside our room was the PERFECT place to hang out and then on Sunday morning, we went to the home office of 7Gypsies. There, we were taught a class showcasing the Artist Tray by resident Gypsy, Janelle Smith. This is my version of what she taught, though I promise you it is far from finished.



Janelle was an absolute doll, as was all the Gypsy staff on hand and I am very excited about their new products. After a quick lunch, we participated in their incredible warehouse sale. I cannot wait for the classes Daniela has planned with this fabulous product!!


After spending five hours at Gypsy headquarters, we went off for a shopping excursion, which we got in spades. The outlet mall that had looked so promising turned out to be a dud, sadly, but we found the mecca Forever 21. It was the size of a Macy's. San Francisco has an amazing one, but this one was better. 


We got on our delayed 9:00 PM flight, exhausted and full of ideas. I can only speak for myself, but I am sure Daniela will agree that we had a lot of fun, but were happy to fall into our own beds last night.

1 comment:

  1. Lora - What a scrapbooking jetsetter you are! Like what you did at the 7gypsies class. What exactly is an Artist's Tray? It kind of looks like a page of ATCs? It looks neat!

    ReplyDelete