Monday, January 18, 2010

Inspired by the rain

It has been raining here off and on for the past few days, so it isn't surprising that my most recent layout is done in greens and blues. It could also be said that I was inspired by the content of the photos. Oregon is known for being lush and green, though on the East side of the state, my side, it is got a lot more brown, which is where the kraft paper comes in. That is because Eastern Oregon is high desert, so we get snow, frigid temperatures, and a lot of sun, but not a lot of rain.

I used mostly My Mind's Eye on this LO because it is based on the sketch from their blog. I did add some Basic Grey Pearls, some random bling and rick rack, and a Fancy Pants journaling transparency. This LO is not my usual in style or colors, which is probably why I keep looking at it. I think I like it, yet it is so far out of character, I am still surprised by it.


9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Lora!! I just love the colors and your big flower embellie in the middle. Great LO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lora - I like this LO very much. And although it doesn't look like your usual style, isn't it nice to break free from our own rules sometimes? Beautiful pictures too, BTW! Oooo-- what are those little blingy thing down on the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the background papers, ALOT! I thought you lived in CA? Where did I get that idea from. Ok, so now it's Orgeon, will try to keep that in my brain. Love the pearl dots in the back ground really echo the colors and the pictures how beautiful.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty pictures. i like your layout and glad that you tried something new. makes it even more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice LO. Loved the colors, the flower accent :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout, Lora! Thank you for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lora, I love your layout! Nice to try something new, and it definitely worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the touch of the ric rac and the inking around the background.

    ReplyDelete