Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wow! That felt good!

In a house of sickies, it is nice that something feels good. DH and I have both been feeling under the weather these first few days of the new year. In fact, he stayed home today hoping it helps him get better faster. But last night I was able to complete not one, but TWO layouts! I haven't done a layout since before we left for China, so it felt great to have two ready to photograph this morning. The first one is based on this sketch by the talented Lucy Chesna for My Sketch World



The sketch.




My interpretation. I used way old paper and some new embellies to show picture of hubby and I opening our gifts to one another.


I am new to the group of MSW, but it looks like a fun and talented community to be a part of. The second layout started based on the above sketch, then morphed into it's own thing. I love Imaginisce Polar Expressions paper and embellishments. I added some American Crafts Thickers and glittered pieces, some ball trim, and a snowflake from the dollar store.




It is a photo from 2006 and of my siblings, mom, and I at Pier 39 in San Francisco when they were here for Thanksgiving.

What a great way to start the creative new year. Now, if we can work on the health part, we will be in good shape!

5 comments:

  1. FUN FUN layouts!!! I'm so glad you were able to scrap and it made you feel better. That is definitely a good feeling, LOL!! I love the little polar bear on the 2nd layout. Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layouts! You did an awesome job with the MSW sketch, hope to see you doing more of them!

    You have a great blog full of beautiful work! What a joy to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you both feel better! These layouts are gorgeous and very fun!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lora! Great looking layouts! (As always! :) ) Where can I find MSW? It sounds interesting! Happy New Year! Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layouts. I love using wall paper. I bring it home from garage sales, probably just like you, and it's fun to use, and it's fun to let the kids use instead of grabbing my precious prized papers! Glad you are both healing and feeling better.

    ReplyDelete