Monday, March 29, 2010

Back from the beach!

Hello! It is certainly another Monday, isn't it? I returned home from beautiful, sunny San Diego last night only to wake up to overcast skies and rain today. Ugh. Two things keeping me going is this Friday I will be boarding a plane headed to Arizona, which I am sure will be gorgeous and that it is a new week over at Paper Popsicles. With adorable shaped templates such as these, how can one be gloomy?
As soon as I saw this jar shaped card template, I knew I had to have it. So many possibilities. I am actually thinking of a design using this template made to look like a jar of lightening bugs. But, I digress. This card reads, "Friends... are the treats in life." I used ribbon as the perfect way to "tie" (pun intended) the card together. I am sure I am not alone here, but ribbon seems to be one of those go-to embellishments that adds class, texture, and something that we all have in the stash. Head over to the blog and check out the challenge for this week using ribbon and see the gorgeous designs of my fellow DT members. I love each one. Oh, and there just might be something for free over there too. Ya know, since it IS Moosetrack Monday. Just maybe, like if you click here

One of my favorite pictures from my surprise vacation. My sister standing on Coronado Beach in San Diego, looking west. Just love it.


8 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the jar Laura, super cute!! I love SD, and we used to live in Coronado - great pic! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Cutest card! Love the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you did with the jar template. Very cute idea using buttons. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is this??!! I love this template.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with this. It really looks like the buttons are in the jar. LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this so cute the buttons are wonderful in this project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card! Love the template, I'll have to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete