Monday, March 15, 2010

Meet the Narcissists!

So, it is finally the 15th and today is the submission day. Whew! I will be doing a last haul to the finish line. In the meantime, here are some photos that we took today. I needed a specific picture for a layout, so we got dressed up and headed onto the back porch. I worked with dear Hubby on how to take photos, because frankly, I am getting tired of taking my own pictures. It is a dangerous combination, me setting the shot, hitting the timer, and then running into position. And once you see the shoes I was sporting for these photos, you will agree, running wasn't the best idea.

This was the photo I needed for the layout. See the shoes? Definitely not going to break any of Bolt's records in those babies. (But they are hot, aren't they!?!?!) I changed this picture to black and white, which looks really cool on the modern layout I did.

These two are my favorites of my hubby. He is such a cutie and I love his new shirt! Not sure I have mentioned how happy I am that he is not afraid of color?

Then I asked him to lean against the railing on our porch. He looked at me as if I was crazy and exclaimed, "But it is dirty!" Sigh. You can take the boy out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the boy. Instead, I got this shot, which I am calling his Napolean shot.

Don't ask. So, I handed my baby over to my hubby and this is what I got from him with minimal coaching on my part.


I really like this one, but the shadows were being a real pain. Anyone ever used a software that might enhance those out? Just curious.

And last, one of me showing him how to lean on that dirty ol' railing. In satin. Guess you can take the girl out of the country, but not the dirt roads out of the girl!

I think he did a pretty good job, plus there were no injuries due to footwear. I am sure our neighbors think we are two of the most narcissistic people in the world, but we think they walk like a herd of elephants, so I guess we are even.

6 comments:

  1. These are great, Lora! Love, love, love the shot of the two of you. And those shoes are to DIE FOR....quite literally for me, I'd kill myself in them, but you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics!!! Love those shoes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Pics!! Love the shoes:) Looking forward to working with you on the Paper Popsicles DT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos Lora!!!! And WOWZERS on the shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely couple you two make. You are just too adorable for words and those shoes are fabulous! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. all ur pix are lovely as always but that one of you... where you are complaining about shadows is stunning in my eyes. I love it. In fact I stole it and I'm going to stick it in my wallet.

    ReplyDelete