Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Still lots of ribbon to play with!

So, in case you haven't heard because you didn't read my blog Monday, (OH! the sadness goes straight through me! ;), it is Ribbon Week over at the Paper Popsicles blog. I love ribbon and I know that I am not the only one who does. In fact, I am willing to bet that everyone who reads this has at least one spool of ribbon in their stash. (If you only have one spool, please let me know, I would be happy to help change that number).

It is also Wednesday, which means it it Dippin' Dots Digitals day!!! I was able to use the adorable digital image, Elizabeth in her sailor costume, from the Paper Popsicles store and I love how she works on this card.

I remember being the girl with pigtails and big ribbon bows, so maybe that is why I am so fond of this image. Of course, my pigtails were always brown, but hey, that is just details, right? Honestly, I would have so worn this outfit as a kid. As a matter of fact, I recall two nautical themed outfits of my childhood specifically. And look!!! Not only is Miss Elizabeth sporting some ribbon in her get up, there is some yummy fiber goodness at the bottom of my card too! The light colored ribbon is actually a very pretty pale yellow that my camera didn't pick up well. The blue ribbon is something I found at Michael's in the dollar bins and this is my first cut of it, but I can guarantee it won't be the last. I love how pretty it is.

So I challenge you to make something with ribbon in it and post it over at Paper Popsicles. Really, how hard is it to play with ribbon? There is also a new challenge combining Monday's freebie and ribbon, a challenge I am sure you won't want to miss out on! And don't forget to upload your projects by midnight CST tonight to be entered in the monthly RAK!

5 comments:

  1. She's so cute! (So is your card!) When I was a little girl I loved to dress up, and had a nautical dress too. I wore my hair in pigtails a lot, but mine were black! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card!! Love how you added the ribbon to Elizabeth...adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh, this is just toooooo cute! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card Lora!!! You did a great job coloring the image! And I used to have braids, two long ones. Mine were brown, too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!! This is soooo super cute, I just love the ribbon treatments!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete