Monday, March 8, 2010

That sneaky holiday, cheap bling, a card, and a RAK!!!

As some of you may know, Valentine's Day is officially my favorite holiday, but there is another holiday that I just LOVE. Unfortunately, it always seems to sneak up on me and I never get to decorate for it. Not this year. I got you St. Patty's Day!!! It isn't much, but I made a banner using the shaped card template from Paper Popsicles that was a freebie and Little Yellow Bicycle papers. I would like to point out the rosettes behind the letters. This is a first time making these and I love them. I have seen them on blogs and thought I would take a crack at it. They are so cute and super simple.

So this will be hanging across my mantle, along with the few Easter things I have out right now. Here is something else I created for Paper Popsicles. This sweet image was one of their recent freebies, (gotta love the free, right?!?!), and this week's theme is "HOME." It seemed to be the perfect match for this card, which in case you can't read my janky handwriting: "Home is where your song begins."

Remember the RAK I mentioned in the title? Well, just in case all my mentions of 'free" didn't send you rushing over to Paper Popsicles, this will.

Who wouldn't want to win all that goodness? And you can, simply head over to the blog and check out the details. While you are there, look at the fun challenges the ladies have going on and play along.

The other night while working on a layout, I pulled out some (ahem) inexpensive adhesive bling swirls. Well, when it came time to place the bling, I learned a tough lesson. There is a reason it was .99 cents. I fought with those little swirlies for way too long! They wouldn't lay right, they curled in on themselves, they lost stones, it was no fun. So, I will faithfully buy good bling and pay the extra dinero for it simply because I know when I need it to, it will work.

7 comments:

  1. Super cute garland...I never decorate for St. Paddy's Day either. Good for you this year making something cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use the card shape and create a garland!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your banner, Lora, and that card is soo cute! Great coloring, and the "sentiment" is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute!! Awesome Lora!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute garland Lora :)
    I love how you worked the music paper into the card too. Such a clever lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic project Lora!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at What's the scoop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the Lucky Banner. You are so craftily talented.

    ReplyDelete