Monday, May 17, 2010

Home again!

So, the hubsters and I just returned from Oregon yesterday. I am seriously wiped out. It is going on two months that I have had a weekend where I had nothing to do. It was a nice trip, albeit short, for a surprise party for my mom who turns the big 5-0 next Saturday. We kept it low key, stayed at the house, cooked there, say around the fire pit on the deck, and enjoyed the great weather and each other's company. Of course, my niece Cady was the star of the show. She is mobile now and provides hours of entertainment.

It is also Moostrack Monday over at Paper Popsicles and this week's theme was a challenge for me. Card stock!!! Some of you may know this about me, but in case not, I am not a huge card stock person. In fact, it wasn't until 2008 that I bought ANY!!! I know, crazy, right? I am a little better now thanks to my realization that it is necessary in the stash and to a very generous gift from a friend.

I started this week using the graduation cap shaped template from the Paper Popsicles store. Oh yeah, that time of the year is fast approaching as well and I love to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. I took navy card stock, dry embossed it with my Sizzix Texture machine, square scallop punched a piece of white and a piece of yellow that inked and put on with pop dots, after I used  Kaisercraft rub ons for the sentiment. I made my little tassel from scrap yarn and attached it with a brad. I wanted this card to be more grown up and classic in colors.


Remember, today is when Paper Popsicles gives out the week's freebie. Also, we are having a Digi Day at SNRCardverse on Thursday featuring some more of the adorable Cheeky Radish digital images. We will have game and contests, so be sure to be around for it. I will post more details throughout the week. 

3 comments:

  1. What a great card!! I love the embossing and the bright yellow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card....the embossing really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cute cute!! I love the tassle!!

    ReplyDelete