Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Only Wednesday?

This week has seemed exceptionally LONG to me already. Maybe it is because I am SOOOOO looking forward to June, with it's empty calendar. (sigh) Sorry for the double post today. Not usually my style, but Blogger refused to load pictures for me last night, so I gave up the fight and went to bed. 

It is Dippin Dot Digitals at Paper Popsicles and the DT had some very "happy" digis to work with. I mean happy like the sun shining, promises of flowers and bare feet, iced tea in the afternoon, sound of sprinklers and children laughing kind of happy. The kind that I think we all need a dose of right now after this weird weather we have had. 

In keeping with our "Spring Flowers" theme, I made my digi image into a wall hanging, something to put next to the door to bring a smile to my face no matter what Mother Nature is doing outside.

I used a flower shaped piece of chipboard from an album I had purchased at Mike's, the fun sunflower and watering can image colored with Copics and Bic Mark-Its, and two Scenic Route rub ons. The paper and ribbon are from my scrap stash, which I have been valiantly trying to diminish. The orange flower is felt from one of my LSS and the pink one is of course, Prima. 

Did you see the freebie this week at Paper Popsicles? If not, you definitely need to head over and grab it for yourself. Make something with flowers and enter it this week for our grand May prize of Martha Stewart glitter and for our weekly drawing. 


5 comments:

  1. Love Love Love this!!! What a great idea to make a wall plaque!! Your coloring is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love that you made it a wall hanging! SOOO cute! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would definitely cheer me up! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! What a great reminder to go out and garden... a.k.a. "pull weeds"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute idea. Anyone would enjoy receiving this as a gift. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete