Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pushed out

I feel like I am being pushed out of my scrap room lately. It is so bogged down with stuff that I can barely get to the desk, let alone have enough space to work, and it is kind of dragging me down. Not to mention I am still going full tilt until the end of the month. I am so looking forward to June just because I know I will finally be able to catch up with myself!

I have had a chance to make a few things recently. The first is these super adorable birthday tags for a swap at Paper Popsicles. I knew I wanted to include cupcakes on them when I signed up for the swap, so when my dear friend Daniela passed on something of hers that had these little cakes of joy in it, I instantly built my tag around them. I tried to incorporate two of my other current favorites, rosettes and tissue paper flowers and this is what I came up with:

My second creation of late is something some (or all) of you may have seen if you are on Facebook or Memory Makers with me, but I am still pretty proud of it. I had this vision of using these adorable 2x2" canvases as pendants. Little pieces of art hanging from your neck!!! This is my first one:


The canvas, flowers, and words are all from The Art Life. I cut the words from a sheet of GCD Studios paper that is in the Artsy Urban kit. I painted the canvas with a bronze paint from my all time favorite EcoGreen Crafts, covered it in Distress Rock Candy crackle paint, then Mod Podge-d my little girl and the words onto it. Some 7Gypsies ribbon around the edges, Stickles on the flowers and the dress, and a piece of vintage jewelry at the top completed it and I am thrilled!!! I already have some more ideas floating in my head. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my.. I know that feeling of being pushed outta your scrap room.

    I LOVE the tags. Your tissue paper flowers are amazing...and that color makes wonder why I don't love blue! Just Beautiful!

    I'll tell you again.. love you work of art on the canvas. It's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those tags are so pretty! I agree, the tissue paper flowers are awesome. I love the little smiling cupcake too.. adorable. I hope you wear that little piece of art - it's too beautiful to just sit on your model!

    ReplyDelete