Monday, May 10, 2010

You would be able to track a Moose today!

It is pouring out there, so there would be no problem of you tracking a Moose today. Luckily for you, Paper Popsicles Moosetrack Monday doesn't require any inclement weather exposure. Nope, you can play right from the comfort of your own living room, kitchen, bedroom, or where ever you are. And if you are facing the gray skies like I am, then you definitely want to play along because our theme is Spring Flowers this week and playing with pretty flowers is a sure fire way to keep your spirits up. I mean, seriously, it IS May 10th, right? I am just hoping that Mother Nature has some fabulous spring flowers planned for us when we get a spring.

I have been pushing my boundaries lately in the scrap room. My shaped bee card from Paper Popsicles this week is one of those pushed boundaries. I pieced the card together, which is really popular but something I often forget to do. I started by Glimmer Misting the bee body, then heat embossing the stripes, then crackle painting the wings to try and give then a translucent effect yet with veins. The finishing touch was the pipe cleaner antennae and using some of my all time favorite flowers from The Art Life Shop. A sweet little message stamped on some fiber paper and a happy little spring bee who is racing to those flowers, (and away from all the rain!)


Don't forget to head over for your freebie from Paper Popsicles and remember, each creation you make and link to the blog gets another chance to win all that sparkly Martha Stewart glitter and glitter is a guarantee to make you feel better. Just ask Susan and her littlest one.

3 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute!!! I love the flowers and those antennea are tooo cute!! It's so much fun to push the boundaries sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, this card is just too stink'n cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete