Tuesday, July 6, 2010

New beginnings

Hello, July, welcome. This a month of new things, I hope. I am not one to try and pore my sob stories or woe is me moments into my blog. I understand that bad times are real life and I am definitely not one to try and gloss over that, but frankly, I have never felt that is why someone would read my blog. With that being said, I am going to put a bit of my inner self out there and admit I have had a disheartening couple of months. I have faced what seemed to be more than my comfortable share of disappointment and I have been struggling in my creative journey. I have felt lost and like the harder I try, the more I lose and the more disappointment I am delivered. So, after soul searching, some tears, a lot of self doubt, and vent sessions with the husband, I have decided to try something different.

I am not sure what the path is going to lead to, but I am stepping away from challenges, contests, DT calls, etc. for now and going to focus more on doing my own thing. I am going to get back to creating for my heart, because I don't feel good when I am not. I am not going to concern myself with judgement, other than my own. If at the end of a project, it makes me smile, then that is how I will know I have done a good job, that will be my reward.

I have some ideas of things I would like to try here and I always love the feedback of my readers. I hope that you all feel comfortable enough to be honest with me. If there are things you would like more information on, something you have seen me do, please never hesitate to ask. I love to share, often I take for granted that techniques I use are common knowledge, when that may not be the case.

Now, if you read all that blabber, you totally rock. If you just skimmed it, I still think you rock and if you just scrolled to the photos and then tried to find the key words in the paragraphs to try and find which one referenced the projects, you are still a rock star in my book. I have those days too.

Here is a layout I started at a crop the other night. I did use pieces from the June kit from For The Luv Of Art. I love the stamps that are unique to this kit and site only. The pictures are grainy, but I wanted them that way. They are photos of the bookshelves, the coffee table, and my bedside table, where we have tons of books piled.
It is hard to discern from the picture, but this is on Co'redinations card stock, which I sanded under the stamped images to reveal the darker pink underneath. The journaling block and rub ons, (I believe), are My Mind's Eye, the bottom ribbon is Prima, while the other two are left overs and the one at the bottom is part of the FTLOA kit, the buttons are Webster's, the black letters are Thickers, and the chipboard heart is a random piece from the Target Dollar Spot that I used the back of, (the other side is red checked), colored with a marker, covered with Stickles and Diamond Glaze, and raised with dimensional adhesive. 


2 comments:

  1. Ah, I am so sorry to hear that things aren't going so well. I've been going through some of that myself for almost the past year... (((hugs)))

    Your LO is very pretty. I love the pink and black together, with the pop of the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Lora! That's what I had to remind myself of... to create for me.
    I know disappointment is a part of us growing and learning...but Dang if it's not hard to handle sometimes.
    I for one enjoy seeing what you've created. I think you've got crazy mad talent.. plus I think you are a doll. I love your humor and the way you see things....and that's what keeps me coming back here!
    I can't wait to meet you in person!
    Keep the mojo flowing girl...cause you inspire me!
    PS. I have books everywhere too...what a cool idea for a layout!

    ReplyDelete