Saturday, January 29, 2011

It is a rare occasion


This layout I completed the morning we left for Lake Tahoe is a rare breed for me. I do not normally use so much from one line on a single layout. If I use the paper, I generally use embellies from other sources and vice versa. Not so with this GCD Studios heavy layout.


The only things NOT part of the Melody Ross for GCD Studios line is the alpha letters, which are of course AC Thickers, the bling which is two Heidi Swapp frames cut up, the red Bazzill card stock, and the one black fabric flower that I have had so long I am not sure who made it. Funny thing about this layout is that it actually started with some pink and red Anna Griffin paper and was going to be mostly yellows, pinks, and reds. Once I started playing with it, this just came together and I still fought it, because I was worried it was too matchy. But when the Voices are happy, they won't take no for an answer and this layout made them very happy. Even with all the matchy pieces. :)

5 comments:

  1. You two really do seem good together. :) Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the matchy pieces! The color just pops on this one! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Lora!!!! I love the bold red and the beautiful flowers and bling swirl. Such a great layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pictures, so great. Beautiful colors in the layout! Don't you love how you start with one thing and end up with something else, equally as excellent!

    ReplyDelete