Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lovin' the Love Day!

First, let me preface this with the honest fact I LOVE Valentine's Day. It is hands down my favorite holiday. I love all the mush, all the schmoopiness, the colors, seeing all these people walking around with flowers. I simply love it.

Yesterday, I got up and put on one of my two Valentine's outfits. Wearing it loud and proud. You can't see it, but I am also sporting a large red crystal covered heart necklace and a Valentine's pin on the jacket. (Sorry for the blurriness of the shot, I accidentally clicked the Manual Focus and couldn't for the life of me figure out what I did wrong. Seriously, stumps me for about an hour every time. I learn lessons hard obviously.)


It seemed my darling Hubsters was channeling me somehow when he came home sporting a hot pink striped shirt. He admitted he had worn it for Valentine's Day. =) God, I love him!


The house was of course decorated, my favorite spot being the mantle.


(Don't you just LOVE the little printer's blocks? I scored these forever ago.)

We got dressed up and went to an early dinner. Admittedly, we are getting to the point where we prefer to go out at 5:30 and avoid the crush that comes with later times. I was sporting my new Valentine's gift, a phenomenal Betsey Johnson necklace that the Hubsters picked out all by himself.


Ans last, but certainly not least, let me share a Valentine's tag I made on Saturday, thanks to my dear friend, Daniela and The Art Life Shop. As soon as I saw the cat, I HAD to make something with it!

Hope you were surrounded by love on your Valentine's Day! XOXOXO!

8 comments:

  1. Love the photos! Your tag is beautiful.. love the crocheted trim and the little key. And your necklace is beautiful! Kudos to DH. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is awesome! And the necklace. Oh, and the cat too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt is just perfect!!!!!
    Super cute decor too!

    I think I am partial to Valentine's...
    Pink and Red just make you HAPPY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two rocked Valentine's day, for sure! Love that necklace and your mantle looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look adorable in your Valentine's Day outfit and so does hubby in his shirt. I agree about going out to an earlier dinner, especially on special days. Geez, never thought I'd say that. Oh, the joys of middle agedness. LOL

    Very sweet gift with the necklace. Nice going on dh's part. Your mantle is so festive and happy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful Valentine's day, outfit, mantle, hubby, necklace...just a <3 day, love the tag you made also, just <3 it all

    ReplyDelete
  7. G is so adorable. My husband had no fashion sense at all. ZERO. I love the Oregon Ducks as much as anyone up here... but its all that is in his closet. Green and Yellow. EVERYWHERE! I'm slowly opening his eyes to tailored shirts and jeans that don't expose his underwear.

    Anyway, I'd love to see a front on picture of your necklace. If it is what I think it is... I'm writhing in jealousy.

    and... I adore your mantle. Where did you get that mirror its fantastic?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bams, the mirror is a Ross find about 4 years ago, thanks to Mom. The necklace is Betsey Johnson. I couldn't find a link to it on the site, sorry.

    ReplyDelete