Tuesday, March 8, 2011

For The Record, it IS a record!

I LOVE the Echo Park, "For The Record" line. Absolutely love it. When I saw it at CHA, I knew I had to have it and as soon as my local store had it in, I went and grabbed it up. The colors are fabulous, the designs just gorgeous. It wasn't but a day or so before I realized I had the perfect medium to display the line.


I would use an old record as the covers for a mini album!!! I had fostered this idea for another project, but it was just too perfect for EP's papers. I mean, seriously, there is a sticker that says "For The Record." How much more obvious can it be? I used the Bind It All to punch the holes, (fear not, my warranty had already expired), and while my operation of the Bind It All leaves some room for improvement, I was thoroughly impressed with the little pink machine's ability to punch through the record.

I used all the EP papers and most of their stickers for embellishments for the album. I did add some card stock roses and bits and pieces of other embellishments, such as the American Crafts red rose trim on the front. It is hard to see in this photo, but the letters are "I" and "U" with a chipboard heart between.


I wanted to make a few notes to the Hubsters about some of the reasons I love him. I chose all B&W photos, but color pics would have worked just as well with this line.


On the strip paper, there was one that looked like a ruler. I cut each number out to use as the numbers for the different reasons.


Because EP's papers are double sided, I was able to use seven papers to make the pages and use both the front and back. I did 12 reasons and the front page is a dedication page.


The back page is a piece of border paper that looks like a list where I will list more reasons that I love the Hubsters, such as the fact that he is a beautiful writer or that he is very generous.


When I showed this to him last night, he seemed very touched by it, which is the whole reason for something like this, right? I hadn't added all the journaling yet, but its addition will give him something to look at later.


I am hoping that this will be a class I can teach at the local store. I think it would be something that people would enjoy doing and that the colors of Echo Park's line alone will draw them in like a moth to the flame.

10 comments:

  1. O... M... G! Lora... you are brilliant. I adore this idea and your execution. I want to scrap now lol. I'm going to wait until my Printmaking Hangover subsides though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG is so right! This is amazing! Totally blew me away! What a great freaking idea and you did it so well. The record is fantastic! I can't say enough about this and you know how I love minis. Wonderful project and very sweet, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lora, this is gorgeous! The EP line was perfect for your mini. I'm sure this will be something that Greg will cherish for sure. :) Aww!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. for the record, i love this and am glad it binded up and works wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Off the charts cool! It's terrific and I may have to CASE it. Love the colors and using B&W showcases them against the vibrant color. You've done a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is soooo cool Lora!!! I love how you used the record, so clever. And the whole album is great, what a beautiful keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! It's just beautiful Lora and the perfect paper line for this project!
    I hadn't seen any sneaks of this line and my mouth was watering as I looked at your pages... I've already had to go order the papers. Ahhhh!
    You really did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this ablum ~ the record cover is fabulous! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous, Fabulous, Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, Lora....you are a scrappy rock star! I love this album! How wonderful! Although, I must admit, even though I don't have a turntable to listen to it anyways, I would have a real problem cutting up an LP for this project. Would have to be something really bad, as if I were doing the world a favour for destroying it!
    And I've been eyeing up EP's For the Record for a while now....you may have very well convinced me to order it!

    ReplyDelete