Wednesday, April 6, 2011

All by myself

Why is it that as soon as I typed that, I heard the song in my head? Ugh. (Haha and now you probably have it running through your head too!)

I have to take a moment to give myself huge props because I made this skirt ALL BY MYSELF! No pattern, no nothing other than an idea. I know, I know, it is a simple skirt with an elastic waistline, but still! ALL BY MYSELF! That is important and we must not forget that piece.


I used the adorable fabric from Stampin Up! that I JUST had to have. I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but aha! Here is my way to get the most out of it. I have a feeling we are looking at what will be one of my staples for the summer wardrobe. It is easy to put on, comfortable, and cute, plus super lightweight, so I won't melt. Oh, and the 10 flowers in my hair? Do not think for a moment I won't be sporting this look sometime for more than just pictures.

P.S.- Keep the comments about the white legs to a minimum please. As my friend, Daniele, says, I was pasty before Twilight made it cool. 

8 comments:

  1. Well, to say I am totally impressed is an understatement! That's amazingly wonderful. It's so pretty and looks adorable on you. You should be so proud! Excellent work.

    Oh and thanks! Now I've got that tune in my head! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an adorable skirt! And I'm not biased at all... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most excellent! No pattern? Lora, you're a whiz at sewing! The skirt is adorable, as are ALL of your accessories. Must make more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the skirt and I'm totally impressed by it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, so awesome and I am totally in awe that you did that all by yourself!
    Oh, and what's wrong with pasty-white legs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So that's what you're supposed to do with SU! fabric! LOL! And here I thought I could only make flowers from it. Hmmmm......It's super cute! TFS!

    ReplyDelete