Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tool School- Getting the Basics

I have another basic tool to feature today. Now most of the basic toolkit list that you will find probably do not mention a paper piercer, but I have found that they are important. I have the We R Memory Keepers brad setter.



Yes, me, a brad setter. I know I don't use brads very often, but this little dynamo has helped me in so many situations. In fact, last weekend, it was my life saver. Someone at a retreat was having trouble with her the hole in her beads being too small for her project. My brad setter rectified the issue and she was a happy lady.



The purpose of the tool is to poke the hole for the brad, then you use the head of it separate the legs of the brad and flatten them out. No more poking those little demons under your fingernail, which is great.




But, I have found that this tool's application goes WAY beyond setting brads. I use it to hold tiny embellishments down while I am gluing them, to punch holes through a button I wish to sew onto paper, to pluck little sticker letters from their sheets, (oh, yes, Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type, I am talking to you), to push pieces of die cuts that are not fully cut through, to grab pieces of paper left behind in dies, punches, etc. The applications are endless. It is one of the tools I consider most necessary.

2 comments:

  1. I love this tool as well. I use it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about getting this! Thanks for the demo! It's def on my must have list!

    ReplyDelete