Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Two-fer Tuesday

Normally we do Tool School on Tuesday, but I wanted to step away from that this week and show you these two layouts that I created last year. They have been absent for almost that long, waiting to hear if they would be published, which they will not be. That means they are free to be shown here!


This was created originally for a book call. I relied heavily on the gorgeous Prima paper to provide most of the embellishment and added some handmade organza flowers, The Art Life flowers and ephemera, and some bling. The rosette ribbon was from a discount store and I found it right before it hit the scrapbook market in all it's current gloriousness. I also tore the top paper in the right corner to expose some music paper behind it. It is a detail that I have used a few times since. I like the hidden and exposed feel it gives.


This one was for a magazine submission. I used an old Scarlet Lime kit. I love the black, red, tan, and white combo and it fit perfectly with this photo of the Hubsters and me, which I have to admit is one of my all time favorite photos of us. I broke out the craft knife for this layout. I thought the floral background paper provided some of the best opportunity to add more texture to the page.


I cut certain features and rolled the edges, then inked them with Distress Ink to make them more defined. The is a favorite trick.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! What absolutely gorgeous LOs! I love all of the little details.TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing layouts Lora! Can't believe they didn't get picked up. I love all the bits and layering! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layouts, Lora! I'm surprised they didn't get picked up as well. Love all of the details!

    ReplyDelete