Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday's Random Five-- A Little Rant

Lets be honest. I try my very best to positive. I firmly believe that if you insist on looking at the sunny side of things, then in time, you will have mostly sunny days in life. It is my humble opinion that the Universe gives us what we expect to get and I have tried to train myself to expect good things. But, even as positive as I try to be, I have "my things." You know, those little bits of sand that creep into the odd places of your bathing suit and cause ridiculous amounts of irritation? So, just because, here are five of those bits of sand.

1) Tip jars. Every where. I have a simple response to this-- NO. Wait staff make tips because, generally, they make less than minimum wage and the tips are the difference. Someone who takes my Starbucks order can forget it.

2) People standing too close to me in lines. BACK UP. You will not get there any sooner by stepping on my heels and in fact, depending on my mood, you might not make it at all.

3) Out of control/disrespectful children. This pertains to anyone under the age of 18. I have certain levels of tolerance, but once that is reached, I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut. Yeah, I am one of those people. And I am proud of it. Trust me, I NEVER acted that way as a child. I asked. My mom's response? "Are you out of your mind? I would have killed you!"

4) Cell phones. I LOATHE them. I think that they are the bane of all existence and they are the truest sign of the degradation of society. My phone in particular takes photos, sends text and multi-media messages, can surf the Internet, and hold music, but it drops 99 out of 100 phone calls I make. It is called a phone, not a multi-media gadget that sometimes can make calls. And that is just one thing on the long list of complaints I have about the stupid things. You really don't want me to start on people driving with cell phones. I repeat, bane of all existence.

5) Facebook. Does that really need an explanation? I didn't think so.

Okay, I promise I am back tomorrow with the start of new somethings WAY more interesting than my little complaints.

6 comments:

  1. Girl, I thought I was the only way who felt like that about facebook. I'm so boring. I don't use facebook, twitter or myspace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Ohmyword, Lora! I love this! Most of those are the same pet peeves that I have...the unruly children one especially. We work entirely too hard to enstill good behavior into our kid, and I'll be darned if one unruly kid influences him and completely undoes every value that we're trying to teach! I would rather have another friend or parent step in and discipline him than let him get away with something he knows better than to do. I could go on, but I'll step off my soapbox on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I never understood tip jars at the coffee shops either. Even when I worked at one; which likely explains why my tip jar was always so dismally empty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in total agreement especially on the trip jars and the standing too close. The feeling of my personal space being violated drives me crazy and I've been known to tell people to back off. Ask my dh, I'm always telling him not to crowd me but he keeps coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These very issues are why it's not safe for me to go out in public on some days. I might just tell someone what I really think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way! I especially cannot stand people being so close to me, especially when they constantly bump me. Hello!

    Facebook.. eh.. sometimes I wish it were back to how it used to be when I first joined!

    ReplyDelete