Thursday, October 27, 2011

In upheaval

When I said, "Let's do this" I am not sure this is what I meant. This is what my scrap space looks like right now.


A complete disaster. That thing under all of those piles and protectively surrounded by the bins of stuff? It is my desk. This is what happens when I get all fired up.

The reason for this chaos? See that black bookshelf in the right hand corner? It and its identical partner have just left the building, folks. After three years, it was time to part ways. I am getting a new shelf with openings all of the same size that will hopefully utilize my stuff better.

One shelf, Lora?

Yes. ONE shelf.

So you know what that means...PURGING! Yep, less is more. Christmas is around the corner and I want to be able to create easily, which I have realized means getting rid of the excess. What you can't see in this photo is the piles of stuff behind me, piles meant for different people or groups.

And honestly, every time I put something in one of those piles, I feel better and when I actually box it up and send it on it's way to a new loving home, I feel AMAZING!

By the way, thank you to all of you who left comments on my last post. It literally brought tears to my eyes how sweet and genuine they were. Thank you for making my whole week with your kindness.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the reorganizing!! I'm sure it will look fantastic when it's all done. Sometimes just getting started is the hardest part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things always look worse when first starting a project like this. It'll get better in your scrap room once your shelf is up and things find their new home. I can't believe, though, that you're just putting up 1 shelf? Just 1??? Looking forward to seeing the newly organized space. Thanks for the glimpse into your creative world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would literally give my pinky toe for that much space to work in. I hope you get your shelves and i know you will get everything all tucked away in time to create your Christmas masterpieces. I still have the card you made me last year up on my inspiration board above my desk that is also covered in stuff so that I can't use it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can't wait to see your new area! I need to do some organizing of my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Melissa.... I need some inspiration. Be sure to post all of your creative storage solutions.

    Miss you, Girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck with purging, always so motivational for me, love your scrap room
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete