Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pinterest Inspiration

I am still purging. Between all the Twilight events this month and going through stuff, I don't have anything crafty to show at the moment. I do have some fall/winter outfits that I have put together from inspiration I found on Pinterest, my newest addiction. The main thing about these outfits? Most of them, if not all pieces are thrifted! With one glaring exception. Actually two pairs of a glaring exception-- my boots. I believe in investing in good boots, ones that are classic and all leather, that way you can literally wear them forever. I have a pair of brown and a pair of black, both are the same style from Frye. They don't show up that well in the photos, but I will include their details.


First, I love the trend of flowy button up shirts untucked over jeans. Such a cute, casual look.
Shirt: Unknown brand, $5.99 Thrifted (still had the original Mervyn's price tag attached for $24.95)
Jeans: David Bitten, $8.99 Thrifted
Earrings: Lucky Brand hoops with birds, discount store years ago
Boots: Frye "Veronica Slouch" in Dark Brown


Leather jacket: Wilson's, $9.99, Thrifted (still one of my best finds)


All about the animal print! I love animal print pieces, but realized I didn't have any. A quick trip to the thrift store remedied that situation.
Shirt: No tags, $5.99 Thrifted, (LOVE the fit of this one!)
Jeans: Hudson, $8.99 Thrifted, (Seriously, some of my favorite jeans ever AND these are boot leg tucked into boots-- another Pinterest inspiration)
Jewlery: Old
Boots: Frye "Veronica Slouch" in Black


Here are those Hudson's again! For boot legs, they tuck well using this trick: http://styleberryblog.com/boots-jeans-a-new-year-style-tip
Sweater: Banana Republic, $6.99 Thrifted
Jewelry: Old

*Note-- the hideous messy bun hairstyle is actually a Pinterest idea. It is the sock bun method and the end results are pretty awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FV-YO46E8Y


I love this outfit, though there are a few kinks to work out. Actually, just one. The shirt. This one is really too bulky for the look I was going for, plus it is too busy with the front pockets and snaps.
Shirt: Roper, $2.99 Thrifted
Jeans: Miss Me, Christmas gift from hubby last year
Boots: Frye "Veronica Slouch" in Dark Brown
Belt: Lucky, $4.99 Thrifted
Necklace: Forever 21, old, don't recall price but certain it was under $10

Here is the hair out of the sock bun:


These last two photos are kind of silly. One is of my "Bella" outfit. It is my version of Bella's Honeymoon getaway outfit from the upcoming "Breaking Dawn." The other is my most recent and one of my favorite thrift finds.

 

Dress: Sag Harbor, $15.99, Consignment shop
Belt: Forever 21, $3.99
Shoes: DV, $12.99, Marshall's


THIS Sweater!!! No kidding has to be one of the most cozy, comfy things ever. I know someone handmade this wearable blanket. I has buttons and POCKETS! I have lived in it since purchasing it a few weeks ago. And the best part? My cost: $1.98. No kidding.

So those are my favorite fall outfits inspired by Pinterest. Next time I post, hopefully it will be of creative goodness!

3 comments:

  1. Great deal on the sweater!!! And the others are nothing to sneeze at either! Miss you around the block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair! Great outfits and even better shopping. You look mahhhvelous! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your thrifty finds! Wish I could be that lucky at the thrift store. :) I really like that Sock Bun!

    ReplyDelete