Monday, March 26, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up


The Hubs had took a four day weekend which seemed to extend my weekend too. On Friday, we went to see The Hunger Games. I have read the book, but the Hubs hasn't, and he was honestly a bit lost in the movie. I have to say that the casting is SPOT ON. I am really impressed with the actors and their portrayals of the characters. Then we ran some errands and caught happy hour at our favorite restaurant

I sported my interpretation of this outfit I found on Pinterest forever ago.


My version is more in grays and whites, rather than browns. Not the greatest shot, but that is what you get having the Hubs do it.

Check out the boots! These are score of the month. They are Frye brand AND I paid a whopping $20 for them! 


Saturday I spent re-reading The Hunger Games and babysitting two of the sweetest kids ever. We made these cute pom pom animals for our craft. 


Sunday, The Hubs and I spent most of the day reading and then headed out to Half Priced Books to catch their 50% coupon day and grab Chinese food for dinner.


I finished re-reading the Hunger Games series last night before finally drifting off. I have to say that after seeing the movie and reading the entire story again, I felt drawn in deeper than I did the first time I read it. I am glad that I read them, but with the three H.G. books, The Help, Love in the Time of Cholera, and The Throne of Fire all consumed in the last week, I think it is time for a break from reading for a bit.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! Love your outfit, especially the sweater, and sweet deal on those boots!
    My daughter's class is going to see Hunger Games next week. They've been reading it in class and should be done the day before they go. She's very excited! Glad to hear she shouldn't be disappointed!
    And look at you, tearing through the books! You read all of those just last week? Ugh, I've been working my way through Gone With The Wind for the last I don't know how long and have just made it past the part where Scarlett marries Frank Kennedy. It's been years since I read it and there's so much I'd forgotten, making me read even slower than usual!
    Ok, and I've gotta ask.....if you went to a store called Half-Priced Books and used a 50% off coupon....wouldn't that make the books free? lol

    ReplyDelete