Sunday, July 29, 2012

This week's recipes

I may have mentioned my love of Pinterest before, but I must continue to wax poetic about how wonderful it is. I use it to plan our weekly meals. Here is the most recent round of recipes from Pinterest that I have made and we have loved.

Good both warm and cold, very pretty. This would make a great picnic or barbeque potluck dish. I was thinking that shrimp would be a good addition too, but this version was vegetarian.

These were delicious! We made these sliders and both pushed ourselves with 3 for dinner. I took Jacquelyn's advice and made double the batch of mayo. So glad I did, because I did use it on everything for the rest of the week,

These were no joke. I even withheld the pepper cause I am kind of a puss when it comes to heat in food and they were still a little on the hot side for me, but were so good that I insisted on eating some! The Hubs, who usually is wary of white sauce AND enchiladas, LOVED these. 

This was yummy. I did make a few changes, though I don't think it would be necessary. I had a Harvest Grains blends from Trader Joe's on hand and I used beef broth instead of chicken. I also substituted pepitas for the pine nuts, as I am not a fan of them. This turned out AWESOME! I ate it for lunch, used it as a side dish, and even went back and made a second batch just to have in the fridge for when I was hungry during the day.

6 comments:

  1. They all look delicious! I really want to try the soba noodle salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cilantro lime mayo? That sounds like it would be good on EVERYTHING!!! And I'll have to try avocados in the enchiladas next time. Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some interesting dishes. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound delicious! Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing post :)
    these seems so delicious!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally tried quinoa recently and thought of you.

    ReplyDelete