Thursday, January 20, 2011

Still love ATC's

I know that the ATC craze goes in waves, but I still love these little canvases. I recently(ish) participated in a swap of ATCs on the Memory Makers Forum and I was amazed at the level of talent the artists came up with. It was a first time making them for a number of them and while I knew they were incredibly talented, they all still knocked out of the park.

Everyone made two cards for each player. There were two words that we could use as inspiration for the design if we wanted. One word was "Warm" and the other was "Change." I mulled over these words and came up with some good ideas, but I really wanted to do something different. I knew what first came to mind when I thought of these words, but I wanted to create something from further down the list of association. My first ATC focused on "Warm."
Embossed wood grain on rich red, with an iridescent "crackling" fire, and warm words. I love how if you pinch this pink tissue paper, it will crackle. Also, this is probably one of my all time favorite stamps and I love any reason to use it. The log is actually a real piece of stick covered in Modge Podge.

My second ATC came in a flash of inspiration and is one of my all time favorite creations. I kept laughing while putting them together.
The "quote" I put on Marie is: "A little change is nothing to lose your head over." Hee hee, I am so funny! That cheeky quote alone would be enough to make me love this card, but it also incorporates some of my other favorite things. The glass glitter on the edges is my favorite Champagne color from Stampin' Up! and there is a feather in Marie's hair, attached with a piece of old costume jewelry I had. I also used a bit of the same jewelry to make the necklace. Then we come to the back ground, the part I love the most.

It started like this:
Bright turquoise blue with glitter. Still pretty, but not what I was going for. So I added some Rock Candy Crackle Paint and a little Walnut Stain Distress Ink and we have this:

I LOVE this! The aged patina makes me so happy I want to make a big piece of it and hang it up to look at everyday. 

3 comments:

  1. Loved your ATCs! Such wonderful interpretations, especially the Marie one. :) I need to figure out a way to display them. I also love what you did altering the blue paper.. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are beautiful!!!! That second one is just stunning. I have yet to tackle making ATC's but you are making me want to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lora, I just love the way your creative mind works. You come up with the most amazing projects. You leave me in awe. Wonderful, astounding work on those atc's especially the Marie one. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete