Monday, March 21, 2011

The shadowy side of life

I know everyone has those days. Days when you really feel like it would have been safer to stay in bed and keep the blinds closed. Days when the pay off of getting dressed isn't worth the effort to get there. It is completely normal to have these days.

I had two of these particular days at the beginning of last week. I really just wasn't in the space to fight the daily battles. I know how lucky I am and I am in no way saying my life is bad, but I was just a bit raw on these two days and it didn't take much for me to feel the sting.

Journaling reads: Normally I am a fierce warrior, taking on life's battles at full charge, but today my walls are down, exposing that fragile piece of me that I usually protect from the world. So please, speak with soft words and be gentle with me for today. Tomorrow I will be back in full battle gear and ready to fight.

For the first time, I made a layout that focused on the feelings I was having at that exact moment, the true thought running through my mind. This layout is more torn and grungey than normal for me, because I was feeling more torn and grungey. I must admit that I completely destroyed a piece of Webster's paper that I didn't intend to, so I had to re-evaluate the process, but the end result made me feel better and isn't that a large part of what creating is about?

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Lora! What a great mix of EVERYTHING! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lora - I love this lo. I love how it expresses the emotion behind it. Your colors and tearing bring forth the feelings. I hope you are feeling better now but I have to tell you, while you were feeling like that, you created a wow-wonderful lo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! The whole look just gives so much meaning and feeling to your journaling. Fabulous job. I admire that you created "in the moment".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even find the words to express how much I love this layout! It's just amazingly beautiful! Looking at it just truly conveys the message you were sending and how you were feeling! I am so with Melissa and admire that you created this "in the moment" feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Also, I love how you scrapped a "not so great" moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lora, your journalling is terrific and captures just how you were feeling. The LO goes right along with it. It's wonderful that you've scrapped the other side of life which we so often neglect to acknowledge.

    ReplyDelete