Thursday, February 25, 2010

A magical night

It is rare that I find the time/mental capacity to create more than one thing in a evening. So five things is unheard of. It was one of those times where I literally couldn't stop and the projects ran a gamut of ideas. So here they are, starting with the layout that I created based on one of this week's sketches at Memory Makers.


Next is the two cards I made after completing the layout, one using scraps from this layout. The first one is a thank you card, the second is one for my BFF of all time, also using scraps from a previous layout.




Next is a project I have been really wanting to try, organza flowers. I am in love with the girly trend going on right now and I will be holding onto it long after it isn't trendy any more. This is the second flower I made and I must say, I am surprised at how well it turned out.

And last but certainly not least, I just HAD to pull out my new Melody Ross stuff I got yesterday. Being that it was well after midnight when I did this, I promised myself that I would just look through it. Famous last words. An hour later, I had most of this mini canvas completed and the only reason I stopped was because I had covered it in Glossy Accents and had to let it dry. 


SO cute!! Love her new Artsy Urban and Homespun Chic collections. I had just picked this mini canvas and easel up yesterday when I went to buy organza and am now considering going back and buying all the store had to make a bunch of these for gifts. This is what I was thinking about long after I laid down to go to sleep. It is like my mind was making up for lost time.  


4 comments:

  1. Wow! Great projects!!! I love that first layout with all the circles, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Very cute! Love how you used the circles to divide the pictures, and love all those bright colors! Cute cards too, very vintage-y!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on a creative roll! Wow on the flower, and the easel? Wonderful! I love it! I want some Melody Ross goodies, but I'm trying to keep my spending in check! :(

    ReplyDelete