Friday, February 19, 2010

Sayonara dry spell!

I made a layout!!! Yay!! I won't even tell you how long it took me to make this, all that matters is that I did it. I used this month's My Mind's Eye sketch and color challenge, pink and red. As soon as I pulled the papers and then the picture, I saw this come together. It was the title I struggled with. First it said "GALS" in magenta glitter letters. Then I put it back to this safari print, "Girls" but it looked like it was missing something, so I dug out this little container which holds the remains of two very different alphas, one pink plastic and one bronze metal. I tried a ton of different words like "best"- missing the s & t, "great"- still missing the t, 'xoxo"- didn't fit right until finally I stumbled across "home." I figure I had my word search lesson for the day plus made a great layout. "Home Girls" works because these two girlies are ones who you know would travel across the country for you, would make you chicken noodle soup at 2:00 am if you were hungry, who for some reason love you even though you are crazy. Heck, maybe that is why they love you. And that, to me, is a home girl.

Edited to Note-- I just realized that this challenge for MME was due yesterday. Oops! Oh well, I still got a great LO!

5 comments:

  1. Love the mix, Girlfriend! Everything vintage plus the more mod pink letters? LOVE IT !!! Yes Honey, your dry spell is OVAH! Oh, and I'm stealing this look, BTW. So there. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Lora! The papers really mesh well together. Great use of all the little "spots"! I think your dry spell is behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Lora! I love the vintage-y feel of the layout, all of the elements are just perfect. And I love the way the "girls" pops out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vintage look of this LO. It's just beautiful and "Home Girls" is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creative juice were definitely flowing here. I have to go with everyone else about how the vintage feel is just perfect. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete